Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Additional User - Logs on but wants to discover base station but won't find it?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nigelti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Have setup the new 3 camera Arlo system and for the main user it discovers the base station and completes setup with no issues. A second user has been added and an account setup.  When you login to this userID it wants to associate with an Arlo system but it won't find it. I have tried it on multiple devices and the same happens. If I log in with the original ID used to setup the system, all the devices log in fine.

The Arlo is connected to a Netgear Nighthawk router which in turn is set up via a Virgin Media hub.

Is this a common issue or have I done something silly?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the first account, use Settings, Grant Access to the second email address.  When the emailed instructions are completed, both accounts can log in at the same time with no issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the first account, use Settings, Grant Access to the second email address.  When the emailed instructions are completed, both accounts can log in at the same time with no issue.

Rangersdad
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife and I are having the same problem. I set the system up under her name but now, when I try and connect with my account through an email link it states there is nothing connected to my account and wants to discover a system which it fails at.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rangersdad,

To share the system, you need to utilize the Grant Access feature. Take a look here for instructions on how to do this: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

nigelti
Aspirant
Aspirant
This was caused by the fact the ID used to set up the system had not clicked on the verify user email that is sent when you first setup the service. Once this was done, new users could be added.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good catch!