Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Added a second hub and 3 cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jrwelder23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've added a second hub along with 1 flood light and 2 pros I think. They aren't recording into the 7 day cloud library. The original set up and cameras are still recording into the 7 day cloud library. What am I doing wrong? 

Hub is VMB4540r2

Cameras V10 ?

Floodlight H4 ?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jrwelder23 wrote:

Cameras V10 ?

Floodlight H4 ?

This bit isn't useful, as these are not camera models.  If the cameras open, try removing them from the housing and removing the battery.  There is a label inside that has the correct model information.

You can also go into the support center of the app, select the camera, and scroll down to the product field.

@Jrwelder23 wrote:

I've added a second hub along with 1 flood light and 2 pros I think. They aren't recording into the 7 day cloud library. The original set up and cameras are still recording into the 7 day cloud library. What am I doing wrong? 

All currently sold Arlo cameras require a subscription (that started in 2018 with the Ultra).  That includes the Floodlight, Pro 3, Pro 4, Pro 5s, and all Essential models.

Jrwelder23
Aspirant
Aspirant

This bit 

Cameras V10 ?

Floodlight H4 ?

I'm not home I grabbed that info from the Camera details from the app.

And oh ok. well wait. I have a floodlight hooked up to the original hub and it's still recording.. What's the difference here? Is it because the second floodlight is attached to a newer hub? Which requires a subscription?

Jrwelder23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also thought that the floodlights didn't need to be attached to a hub, what if I just add it without adding it to a hub will this be a better solution so I can see recordings? 

A little new to the system and just trying to understand all of the differences in systems. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jrwelder23 wrote:

Cameras V10 ?

Floodlight H4 ?

I'm not home I grabbed that info from the Camera details from the app.

As I mentioned, you can also get the correct model information by going into the support section in the app.

What you are looking at is the hardware revision info, not the actual model.  These codes aren't unique, so they aren't very useful.

@Jrwelder23 wrote:

And oh ok. well wait. I have a floodlight hooked up to the original hub and it's still recording.. What's the difference here? Is it because the second floodlight is attached to a newer hub? Which requires a subscription?

The floodlight does require a subscription to get recordings.  Likely you are still getting the trial subscription for it.

Note also that the free cloud recording for the older cameras is limited to 5 unsubscribed cameras per account.  If you go over that limit you lose free cloud recording for all the cameras.