Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

About to throw Arlo cameras out onto the street

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JaseMc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got 8 Arlo Cameras.

4 As part of one set I bought in 2017 (Pro I believe) and 4 as part of a second set I bought in the spring of 2020. 
I really enjoy the interface, and enjoy the cameras when the batteries haven't died.

When I moved to the newer SmartHub, I unsynced the old ones, and synched them to the new SmartHub.

Nothing but trouble in the past month. I should have realized this when cameras were particular when it came to which batteries went with which ones. In other words if a battery worked in one, it didn't necessarily work in another (within the model type). 

One camera hasn't been online in a month. Not for not trying. It connects, shows online, but doesn't record or anything. If I do a video test, it transmits fine. But I can't see the output during normal operation, and it doesn't record anything. So I swapped a couple around. Then I realized I couldn't rename them in my IOS app. In the web interface sure, but once the IOS app connects, it changes back to the old name. 

I think I've spent about $1500 together across both sets, and I'm ready to throw them in the street and film myself running over them to post on YouTube. 

This is too frustrating, and support hasn't provided any help. 

Rant over.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JaseMc

Do you have the support number so I can look in to this?

JaseMc
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ JaseMc

After reviewing your case, it looks like the Customer Support team is awaiting your call to further investigate the issue. please call: 1 (408) 638 3750 (They are available 7 days a week, 6 AM-6 PM Pacific Time)