Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO WIRE FREE SYSTEM "CANT BE CLAIMED"

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
makitfun
Follower
Follower

I have connected my base station and cameras are synced, but the app says "CAN'T CLAIM DEVICE" have reset base station again and again. 

Please Advise,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This appears to be an issue that only support can fix.  I believe it's caused by a previous owner having installed the system and then returning it without removing it from their account.  WHile it's a theft-prevention move, it causes problems like this for legitimate purchasers.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This appears to be an issue that only support can fix.  I believe it's caused by a previous owner having installed the system and then returning it without removing it from their account.  WHile it's a theft-prevention move, it causes problems like this for legitimate purchasers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

makitfun,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

VR1077
Aspirant
Aspirant

James C,

I have the same issue and have emailed Arlo Support 3 times and am yet to get a response. My friend just purchased a new system and gifted me his original Arlo system. Can you please assist me?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VR1077,

Has your friend removed the system he gifted you from his account?

JamesC

VR1077
Aspirant
Aspirant

He deleted the app from his phone. Is there something else he should do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VR107,

He must log in to his Arlo account and remove the system.

JamesC

VR1077
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx!

JAW110
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I bought an Arlo wireless system when I first installed it I used the same email as my fathers account, I have reset the setting but it will not allow me to set up in my own account because you obviously think it's been stolen or something. Please help as we were robbed the other day.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the system from your father's account and then you'll be able to use it on yours.