Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Android App Issue

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jayNdyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

We have two base stations, each has 4 arlo hd cams; both are on basic accounts. base station #1 in under my arlo account while base station #2 is under my wife's account. both accounts has grant access with allowed access rights. Everything are working fine on MAC, PC and iphone except on android phone.

I am using Samsung galaxy s6 edge. I am able to use the arlo cams on base station#1 perfectly but unable to live view cams on base station#2. They are showing "GETTING STATUS..." that takes forever. I am receiving alert and notification from both base stations (both accounts) and both are recording videos as well. We have been using the base station#1 for about 2 months while the base station#2 is new.

Please help.

Thanking You,

Jay

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since every thing is working fine on the other systems, I would think the problem is with he S6.

Try a forced stop of the app, and clear the cache ( app cache not data )... power button reboot the phone and see what happens.

If still NG, the only thing is to step back, un-install and re-install the app on the S6 and then delete / re-grant you access from the wifes phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jayNdyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your advice. unfortunately, It did not work. I installed the arlo app on my other android device  (Kitkat 4.4.2). it has the same problem. So it could either be both of my android devices has no processing power to run the app, Or the app itself needs updating

Thanks always

Jay

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't think it's the processing power... I'm running on an older LG android with 4.4.2

Just not sharing... Something prob else causing problem tho don't know.

Morse is faster than texting!
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Did this problem resolve with the Android update over the weekend? The App update has resolved A LOT of other users recent issues.

jayNdyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My app is updated but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

jay 

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Are both Arlo base units connected to the same router?

When trying to access the Base Station #2's Live Feed, are you attempting via WiFi or 3G/4G?

jayNdyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

both base stations are connected to the same router. I have tried accessing the live feed both via wifi and mobile data. Both doesn't work.

Thanks

Jay

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I have a second base station laying around,  I will split my system and see if I get the same issue.   I can gather debug info from a engineering Samsung Note 3 and see if I can find anything....

Just to make sure, did you try this:

Completely log out of account 1 on the app.

Power cycle your phone....

reopen app and sign on to account 2