Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Account For Second Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MGEP
Guide
Guide

Trying to connect - through ONE ARLO app login - something that I can set up that shows all cameras I use, currently 3 linked to one base station in the property, and another 2 cameras linked to another separate base station situated in an outbuilding

With one account and two bases linked to the app, the 2 cameras linked to the case in the outbuilding show as offline (they exist on an extension of the network with a slightly different name to the main property network).

If I try to create a new account using the "NEW TO ARLO?" button in the app all I get is this:

"Account already exists" if I use the ARLO app login credentials I use now!

OR

"Password or username doesn't exist" if I use new login credentials

So, forgive me if I'm being thick, HOW ON EARTH does an individual set up a new ARLO account through the app?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to either up your accout level for the extra cameras ( paid service ), next level is 10 cams

OR

Use a differnt password and email wit the new account

Set up on a computer at   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
brh
Master
Master

@MGEP

If I understandyou correctly you only have 5 cameras. You should be able to log on to your existing account and add the second base station then add the cameras. No need for a second account. I have 3 base stations, 2 on one account and one on a separate account, (different email address), and I granted access from one account to the other account and on the second account I granted access back to the first account. I can see all the cameras when I log on to either account. If you are using a wifi extender, the fact that it uses a slightly different name doesn't matter.

Again, log on to your primary account, go to the devices page and add devices starting with your base station. Then add the cameras to that base station.If the cameras are already attached to the first base station, you must remove them from that base first before trying to add them to the second base. After the base station is added to your primary account, press the sync button on the second base just briefly, (not for 2 seconds), then sync the 2 cameras one at a time. The second base will be searching for the new cameras and they will sync to that base.

Brian

MGEP
Guide
Guide

Hello

Many thanks for your reply

My ARLO account was set up for up to 10 cameras and 30day recording (rather than the free plan for only 7days).

I have 2 ARLO kits of 4 cameras each; the first kit has 3 cameras currently linked to the case station covering a property. The second kit has currently 2 cameras linked to it covering an outbuilding (the second base station is located in the outbuilding and linked through a powerline adapter at that location).

When I try to view the 5 cameras connected, the 2 cameras in the outbuilding either very briefly display the "LIVE" view, or more usually, not at all (see screenshot attached) - showing the 2 outbuilding cameras as "OFFLINE", even when they record motion in the background!

I am unable to understand what's going on here, nor why.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you running the two bases via an app ( ios/android ) or computer ??

Morse is faster than texting!
MGEP
Guide
Guide

When you mention if I'm "running" through an app or a computer I understand you to mean "viewing the camera images through an app or a computer"?

Not trying to be pedantic! Need to be clear this is what you mean.

I'm viewing the cameras through an Android app using the local WiFi connection (however, I've tried viewing off-WiFi and away from the property in other locations, on or off local WiFi where available); the result is the same.

The system knows the cameras are there, and even as I write this where the second base is installed in the property, directly wired to the router, the result is STILL the same.

I've completely reset this second base station, removed the 2 cameras linked to it - then synchronised them again, and restarted the router several times (several times for all these individual procedures), yet nothing has changed!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MGEP,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have provided the link here for ease of access. Arlo Tech Support

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Haven't contacted support as yet. I re-looked at the app for the second time today. Worked perfectly.

Went back to the app again some time later: same problem. Two cameras (of three) showing as "Offline" on second base station. One camera linked is ok.

This is a very odd issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When noted as offline, can you trigger recordings by walking in front of the cameras?  If so, they're not offline - it's a display issue. Try using a browser or another device to see if they're working properly.

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the two cameras with "issues" appear to work normally; they record motion whenever they're set up to record, however they appear offline through the app (and occasionally online through the app at various irregular times - there is no pattern to this). One camera linked to the same base station displays normally through the app just all times.

Viewing through a browser on a laptop shows everything as it should be displayed, hence this appears to be an app issue, but what exactly is causing it?

It would be useful if NETGEAR could suggest a fix for this. I've tried everything I possibly can to resolve it and nothing has made any difference.

There are only so many times you can try the same work-through without any luck!

There must be others who have or are experiencing this too, I'm sure.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Other things to try are to switch between cell service and WiFi to see if there's a difference as well as logging out and back in.

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Thank for your suggestion.

I have tried logging in through WiFi and off WiFi, close to the property and nowhere near, and the problem remains the same.

I've also uninstalled the app numerous times, cleared certain cache data on my phone, restarted the affected base station (and the other), rebooted the router, unlinked the affected cameras from the second base, removed their batteries - all to no avail.

Netgear support are now looking into this and have escalated the matter - and agree with me that it's "weird" (given that I can't see the two affected cameras as online... yet they are, recording motion perfectly, however they can't be controlled/switched off or anything, since all the control options are not available through the app). Bizarrely, the last (third) camera added to the second base station DOESN'T exhibit this fault using the app!

It's all very odd.