Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ALTERNATING CAMERAS GO OFFLINE, THEN RETURN TO ONLINE

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

I have 6 ARLO cameras, with a paid-in-full ARLO Smart Premium subscription.

All cameras = firmware 1.5.295 and hardware H7.

The base station = firmware 1.17.1.2_1205_100e8e1 and hardware VMB3010.

The cameras are alternating going offline and then returning to online status.

Each time I reboot the base station and/or log out and then log back in, the previously offline camera(s) will come back online, but another camera or cameras (previously on-line) will go offline. 

I have consulted ARLO's troubleshooting guide on this and have checked the internet connections and the hardwire connections to the router, the power strip, my computer, the wall, etc.  All are secure.

I have rebooted and rebooted. I have logged out and in multiple times... but I am still unable to keep all 6 cameras online at the same time!

How do you fix this?

NeedHelpPlz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen:

Thanks for offering ideas to fix this problem ... but none restored all six cameras, which were alternating going on and off line, one or two at a time.

I stumbled on the solution...by accident! 

Repeated rebooting of the Base Station brought back all six cameras!

(No more)  Needhelpplz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do they all go off-line together?

When they are off-line, can you then check to see if the base is also shown as off-line?

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

No, the cameras do not all go offline at the same time. Of the 6 cameras on the system, one or two will go offline, then come back online after reboot or log off/logon. Then another one or two (previously online) will go offline... and return to online with another reboot or log off/logon.

It is not always the same one or two cameras ... this has happened with different cameras.

During this cycle, the other 4 or 5 cameras remain online, so I do not think the Base Station, itself, would be offline.

Also, the batteries in all 6 of the cameras are above 50% and show a strong connection with the Base Station.

Thanks,

Needhelpplz

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok. It is a bit of a puzzle, as you wouldn't expect multiple cameras to suddently all fail this way, but you'd also expect all the cameras to drop at the same time if it's a base failure.

Is the base near by your wifi router?  

If it is, try changing the 2.4 ghz channel in the router to a different one.  The base should follow that change, and it might give better results.  Ideally you'd use a wifi analyzer to aid you in picking the new channel.

Also, if the base is right next to your router - it is best if it is a few feet away.  Generally I suggest moving it as far as the ethernet cable will stretch.

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

No, the Base is NOT near the router.  It is 3' - 4' away and on different levels. The Base is on top of a desk, the Netgear Router is on the floor.  This is the same configuration I have had for years.  This problem has only happened recently.

There is no WIFI in the house.  Everything is hardwired using a DSL telephone line... also, the same configuration I have had for years. I am at a loss as to how to change the setting on the Netgear router, if that is even possible.

The ARLO system is some distance away... I will try to implement the changes you have suggested.

Just a final thought, have there been any updates/ other system changes that may have caused this?  

Once again, thanks!

Needhelpplz

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

Attached are sequential screenprints showing alternating cameras going offline, then online...with another camera going offline after a Base Station reboot.

Does this help?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Needhelpplz wrote:

There is no WIFI in the house.  Everything is hardwired using a DSL telephone line... also, the same configuration I have had for years. I am at a loss as to how to change the setting on the Netgear router, if that is even possible.

If wifi is disabled in the router, there is no need to change those settings.

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen:

Thanks for offering ideas to fix this problem ... but none restored all six cameras, which were alternating going on and off line, one or two at a time.

I stumbled on the solution...by accident! 

Repeated rebooting of the Base Station brought back all six cameras!

(No more)  Needhelpplz