Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

This is a first!  I have owned the ARLO 4 camera system for nearly a year...this has never happened before!

My ARLO cameras are 10+ miles away...two interior, two exterior. FW: 1.2.4941    HW: H7  

My Netgear Router :  FW 1.7.3.5005      HW: VMB3010r2

When I logged on today to check the property, ALL FOUR cameras are showing motion detection ON (orange colored icons)...yet there are NO videos in the library of recent activity and NO activity when I viewed each camera in a Live shot.

How do I shut off these false motion detection indicators?  Will these "stuck" motion detectors wear down my batteries?

Here is what I have tried so far...with no remedy:

1. changed camera sensitivities

2. rebooted ARLO router

3. logged off ARLO, logged back on

4. logged off ARLO, shut down computer, brought computer back up, logged back onto ARLO

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Flush the browser cache - worked for me.

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary
Hi Jquerdat: I deleted my Chrome browsing history as you suggested ... it DID return the Motion Detection icons to black... Thanks! But now, when I return to my desktop and click on the Chrome icon, the ARLO sign-on tile does not appear... I had to log on to community,netgear,com and click on "My Arlo" to get to my cameras. DID I OVER-FLUSH ??????
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Needhelpplz wrote:
I deleted my Chrome browsing history as you suggested ... it DID return the Motion Detection icons to black... Thanks! But now, when I return to my desktop and click on the Chrome icon, the ARLO sign-on tile does not appear... I had to log on to community,netgear,com and click on "My Arlo" to get to my cameras. DID I OVER-FLUSH ??????

Browser history and browser cache are two different things. Maybe try again with purging the cache, rather than the browser history.

What is the URL propery of your Chrome icon? It should be https://arlo.netgear.com. Shouldn't make a difference whether you open it via a shortcut (which is what I assume you have when you say Chrom icon), or whether you click on a hyperlink.