Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Anybody else get a notice in their app about a "limited time offer" of 50% the 9.99 plan so it goes for $4.99/month? There are no details about the offer anywhere else, no details about the plan within the app itself, just gives you the option to activate and asks for your payment information (even though you are already logged in the app). Scam?

65 REPLIES 65
drbaltz
Tutor
Tutor

3rd screenshot showing I'm on a $4.99 plan.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Just an update that Netgear finally replied to my question about this offer through FB messenger, only to tell me to email them instead. Par for the course for Arlo!

TheFiddler
Guide
Guide

Yes, I wish I took a screen shot. I just now called in to the Arlo phone support line and spoke to some condescending lady and asked about switching my $9.99 plan which I’ve had for over a year, who said I need the code for her to verify the offer. (I recently added another Arlo Pro Q and that’s when I got the prompt a couple of times. I asked her why couldn’t Netgear verify this offer and asked if she thought I was making this up. She said “YES, unless you can get that code which you need to verify your STORY.” I asked her again, and she repeated the same answer. Then she said “Is there anything else I can help you with?” I hung up. Too bad they employ ****** customer service folks that can’t even speak English and have the listening skills of a ground hog up a gorillas ***.

TheFiddler
Guide
Guide
I completely empathize with your frustrations, as I have just experienced the same horrible customer service about this exact issue. Basically I got nowhere with Netgear on this offer. But I would be remiss if I didn’t mention 2 other issues with the same customer service department. I had lost the POE connector and the wall plate when my house was under construction due to a flood. There is NO place where you could buy any accessories for the Arlo Q Plus cams. So I called Netgear wanting to buy replacements. They asked a series of stupid questions like “Why did you lose it” and “Do you still own the camera” and “Did this happen in YOUR house or somewhere else?” But in the end, they surprised me by sending me both for free. So there’s SOME credibility to that company. 😎
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

is this a joke? thats a slap in the face to those of us whos been paying full price.

keep it up arlo ill be quick to throw these bad boys on ebay.

WaltDittrich
Tutor
Tutor

After several back and forths with Customer Service via e-mail, they sent me a link to get the discounted price!
I remained polite, and waited my time. 

The $4.99 price is good for 12 months. With the link, it was very simple to upgrade.
While time consuming, Netgear came through. Best of all, all my videos from 30 days to now are viewable (including the ones I couldn't see on the free, 7-day plan!)

To see if you can get it, use the code below, where the XXXXXXXX is your 8-digit planID #.
 https://arlo.netgear.com/account/v3/#/plantype?flow=planUpgrade&planId=XXXXXXXX

drbaltz
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this.  My case is still open.  I used your link and the subscription fee corrected on my account immediately.  I just paid the difference of when I signed up back in early December which was .86 cents to activate it again.  Everything looks great now.

Good2U
Star
Star
Do I have to sign up for a paid plan first to get a plan ID?
Good2U
Star
Star
Be warned about this link! I subscribed to get a plan ID to use the discount link and now Netgear says I no longer qualify for the discount!

This is poor customer service and I think I'll stop recommending Arlo. They totally botched this offer.
bondservant
Tutor
Tutor

THANK YOU.  I was having the same problem as all of you.  I was able to use the link to get the special offer.  I heard it ends at the end of the month so I wouldn't wait too long to try (if you haven't done so already).

BTW, I just clicked the link and I was prompted to log-in (which the website then substituted my planid for me). DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE PREMIUM PLAN FIRST BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK. The special offer is only for those who have never had a paid plan before (basically those on the free tier).  If you sign up for a subscription before you click the link, you will no longer be eligible for it.  

Lastly, I'm not sure who in Netgear Marketing rolled this out but it was major fail on their part. This was poorly executed to say the least.

WaltDittrich
Tutor
Tutor

No, Good2U, don't sign up for a plan first.

Like me, I had the free plan. I simply followed the link to get my plan upgraded.

If you started a paid plan first (Don't do it!), then cancel that plan, start up a new account with your cameras.
This means removing your cameras from your old plan (and all the recordings), so only do so with this known.

Good2U
Star
Star
Yes, I have been told there is nothing Netgear can do since I signed up first and immediately tried to use the discount link. Poor, poor, poor customer support. I might return my be cameras and drop back to free. I won't be recommending their products any longer. They're willing to lose a customer over $60. Sad!
Erickivan69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just used the link to get the 12month (monthly auto renewal)
$4.99 a month for 12 months.
Keolal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much for the promo code link! It worked like a charm today, 01/09/18. I really appreciate it!
avanvliet
Guide
Guide

I just got an email today saying I could take advantage of this deal, $4.99 for 12 months. 

I'm still not sure what exactly is included in this though, is this just to store the motion triggered events for 30 days, or is this for CVR for 30 days? doesn't really specify, just says cloud storage for 30 days..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Premier (and Elite) plan is just for a longer period of time for videos to be available. CVR is a separate subscription and isn't useful for the original and Pro cameras at all. It only works with Q and AC powered Pro 2 cameras.