Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4N7169S41DB84

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HelgeSletbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re. Rechargeable batteries for arlo cameras. 4N7169S41DB84

I have 4 cameras of which 3 are working well with the batteries I have. The 4th camera, however, does not load in fully charged and decline in power instantly when I start the camera. In contact with you earlier I was told that I could use rechargeable batteries. I do not understand this problem at all. The batteries I use are RCR123A lithium batteries, 3V 500 mAh/1,5Wh. I have adjusted whatever I am able to on the camera settings.

Reg.

Helge Sletbak

5 REPLIES 5
manfredz
Hero
Hero

there are two type of RCR123A rechargeables, 3.0 and 3.7; you need the 3.7.

If the recommended Tenergys, the 3.0 are silver colored; the 3.7 are gold colored.

What brand are you using?

HelgeSletbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I take the battery out of charger it shows 3,67 V. 

Why do the same batteries work well on my other three cameras?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

is it saying 3.67 printed on the battery or is that what a multimeter reading is?  You didn't mention what brand.

If unbranded or so "exotic" brand it gould be quality standards.

If you swap the "bad" batteries into another cam does the problem also go to the new cam?

HelgeSletbak
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does not show any brand, but the batteries are sold in Norway and in Denmark together with a Power Mart charger. I will exchange one battery on one of the other cameras and see what appends. It got the same problem. But the camera went back into good condition when I put back the battery again. I have also put the batteries from a working camera over to this with the problem and it works then.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The proper Li-ion rechargeable batteries are rated at 3.7v and will show ~4.2v when fully charged.  It sounds like you have the 3.0v batteries which may work in some cameras and not others.