Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 arlo cameras refuse to sync with base station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

Recently the batteried in all of our Arlo cameras died while we were on vacation. I had set the motion detection level too high and the cameras were coming online far too often. 

Upon arrival home I went to the store and purchased new Energizer batteries, the same ones that come with the Arlo package. After repalcing the batteries I noticed the cameras would power on, sync with the Base Station and then drop offline. 

I figured that maybe the base station needed a reboot so I power cycled it, but there was no change. 

I then lookied online and there was a suggestion to remove the base station from the account and add it back after doing a Base Station reset. This worked fine, Base Station is listed but the cameras refuse to connect. Removing the batteries from the cameras for 2 minutes, 5 minutes and such but it made no difference as they still refuse to connect. 

I press sync on the base station, then sync on the camera. The base station flashes green and the camera flashes blue, after a while the Base Station stops flashing green and the camera flashes amber rapidly and then stops. 

I spoke with Netgear support and they really didnt offer much help. I would hate to think I spent $500 on an item that doesnt work properly and fails after only owning it for a small period of time ~90 days. 

Any advise tips or tricks are greatly appreciated. I assume there has to be a way to hard reset these cameras. Maybe there is something stored in the firmware that needs to be wiped? 

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a factory reset would be in order.  Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber.

ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

Ive already reset the base station. I pressed the reset button while holding the sync button for a full reset. Then added it back to my Arlo account. The issue is with the cameras. You want me to reset it again?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nah, once is enough. Open a trouble ticket.

sussie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my arlo system

amber lights flashing on both the camera and the base station

not being able to add additional camera to the base either only the arlo wired

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sussie,

An amber flashing light on the base station may indicate that you are holding the sync button too long.

To start the sync process, simply press and release the sync button and the center LED (camera icon) on the base station should begin flashing green. Afterwards, press and release the sync button on the camera.

JamesC