Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 Cameras... 1 Stuck and 3 No Firmware Update

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
AlexKrycek1970
Tutor
Tutor
Hi. I currently have four cameras. Yesterday morning one of my cameras displayed that a firmware update was in progress and I should not turn off the camera. This morning it still has the same message? It seems to be stuck.

I have also now realised that my three other cameras have not had the most recent firmware update applied?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pennylane7070
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! We replaced the batteries in one of the cams and that took care of it even though it didn't give us the battery notification. On the others were opened and closed the battery cover and that seemed to do the trick even though we had changed the batteries just last night on one. Thanks they seem to be working now.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
pennylane7070
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue but several of my cameras started saying this since last night "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection." Only ONE camera out of 4 seems to be working.

Obivously there is some issue going on. Please fix it ASAP and let us know what to do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base.  Check the LED on each camera - is it on/flashing?  Open and close the battery door.  Wait overnight and see if the update happens.

If everything seems to be stuck, a factory reset may be in order.  Remove all devices from Settings, use the reset button and start over.  Make notes as to your settings for devices and modes/rules.

pennylane7070
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! We replaced the batteries in one of the cams and that took care of it even though it didn't give us the battery notification. On the others were opened and closed the battery cover and that seemed to do the trick even though we had changed the batteries just last night on one. Thanks they seem to be working now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AlexKrycek1970,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, consider power cycling the base station. Allow the base to come back online and check the camera again. If it is still "stuck", try power cycling the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door.

Please let me know if you continue having issues with this camera!

JamesC

AlexKrycek1970
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James - Can you please advise how I make a complaint as I am very unhappy Man Sad

I have now managed to sort my problem by re booting the base unit, and removing then replacing the batteries in the one camera that was "stuck". However, as it had been stuck for 24 hrs, the battery has completely drained.

I think its most unfair for me to pay for new batteries when clearly there has been an issue with the latest firmware update. Admittedly batteries do not cost a great deal - its the principle!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AlexKrycek1970,

I will reach out to you in a private message to resolve this issue.

JamesC

GPRed
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've not even had this 24 hours and had this issue not a good start for me. Bringing the camera close to the base unit and opening and shutting the battery compartment as suggested has worked.
Jasonb345
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought my 2 camera Arlo system, all these generic P2P cameras and have no clue where their servers are, I've had it with them, so here I am... My issue seems common among these other posts. My firmware will not update, it has been over 5 days. I would love to install my cameras but it says the firmware update needs the cameras within 3 feet of the base. People describe an update firmware button, but I have never seen it. I am currently on hardware version VMB3010r2, firmware 1.7.3_5005 Cameras HW is H11, firmware 1.2.9561 I also read that the update usually happens between 3am-5am. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Jason
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jasonb345,

This could be an ISP issue. Who is your ISP and what is your download/upload speeds?

JamesC

Jasonb345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Comcast  Cable, download speed 250 down, 10 up... no bandwidth issues here... 

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you try resetting the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber? Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh with the Add Device button in the Devices tab.
Jasonb345
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, yes, I've exhausted the usual means.. I've been in the industry for 25+ years. I've even ran a 100ft cable and moved the base and cameras to the other end of the house, I read it could also be interference... And nothing.. Anything else?
thanks Jason
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If it hasn't updated overnight, I'd opens a case with support to see if they will push it to your cameras.
Jasonb345
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:
If it hasn't updated overnight, I'd opens a case with support to see if they will push it to your cameras.

Hello, I did as advised. I opened a ticket with NETGEAR... SOLVED, There is an issue with COMCAST internet... You need to change the DNS servers in the DHCP section of your router. Comcast's DNS server are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76..these won't update the firmware on VMB3000 base or standard ARLO camera. You need to assign the DNS servers to Googles' change to primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4. Restarted router, netgear base, and cameras... Firmware updated immediatly.

Please post as the solution. Thanks -Jason