Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3D touch/Long Press Options for Application not working to arm/disarm system

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to be able to arm or disarm the system by doing a "long press"  on my iphone app.  Currently the only option that appears when you do a long press is to share the app, but I would like to have the option to arm and disarm the app from here as well. This would save time from having to go into the app, wait for it to register and then clicking on mode to switch it to armed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant
This seems to have resolved itself with some of the Apple iPhone IOS updates. I can now use the long push or 3D push again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Leesthunderbolt,

Are you referring to the 3D touch on your iPhone? If so, read this article to see if that helps: How do I use 3D Touch to switch modes for all of my Arlo devices simultaneously?

Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that is what I want to be able to do, however when I do the 3D press on my iPhone X phone the only option I get is to share the app.  Am I not doing something right?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you show a screenshot of what shows when you do the 3D touch? And are you using the new Arlo app or the legacy app? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iOS device?

Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is the new app, I have deleted, reinstalled it and rebooted my phone. Ive tried to upload a screen shot but both the jpg and png versions received an invalid extension error.
Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying upload from PC

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for trying that out. Make sure that you're not logged out and not force closing the Arlo app to ensure you're able to arm/disarm your system using 3D touch.

Leesthunderbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant
This seems to have resolved itself with some of the Apple iPhone IOS updates. I can now use the long push or 3D push again.