Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JennM23
Follower
Follower

Hi there ~ 

About a week ago I noticed that my cameras and base station started having issues. First I noticed the recordings were few and far between. Then I noticed the cameras will click on (night vision) but then nothing recorded. So I took them all down and put in new batteries and then they all started saying the base station firmware was updating but it was the circle of death on the cameras. So I hard reset the system and set up the base station and 1 camera. Still having issues. The camera clicks on but no recorded video. Then the camera goes offline. One video did show up hours after it was recorded. The base station shows to be updated with firmware 1.21.0.0_1526_a58d08A. Any ideas what could be the issue? 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JennM23,

What does the signal strength indicator show for the camera? If you move it close to the base station and test, do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

DonTWantToReg23
Aspirant
Aspirant

The internet is fine. Has been for the whole time I’ve had the system. It’s all 5 cameras that are a mess. Worked okay until the last update but this Arlo system had only ever worked 50% at best. A few days after this post some recorded videos showed up in the library. Two of the cameras let me go live if I sit there and click the live button several times until it connects. I can stand under the other cameras and it’s hit or miss if it will detect and record motion. I’m moving to the Nest camera system as I’m tired of monthly having to reset or figure out what the problem is with the Arlo system.