Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2FA and Iphone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Parrot60
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo system I purchased in 2017, just two cameras and a base system. I'm testing them out on my new house to see if I want to purchase a newer system since I need more cameras. Here's my issue: I have an iPhone 12 with the Arlo app installed. When I open the app it asks for the security code which is texted to me. I open the text message to see the code. When I return to the app to enter the code it starts all over and sends me another code. Around and around I go. I'm therefore not able to authenticate using my phone. I do not want 2FA but it appears Arlo is forcing that on us. So basically this answers my question, should I update to a newer Arlo system. The answer is no I will not be.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

You would normally use the iPhone as the primary device for the 2fa request, push notifications allow you to open the app to approve a request but if it is set as primary you will never need the 2fa to login to the primary iPhone anyway.

Use a pc browser to login to the my.arlo.com site and go into settings profile to manage the 2fa settings to use the iPhone as the primary device. A tick on the trusted device indicates  it is the primary.

Parrot60
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone is and has been set to Primary. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Parrot60 wrote:

My phone is and has been set to Primary. 

Meaning it is also listed as trusted in the Two-Step verification settings?

If you temporarily remove SMS verification (making sure email remains an option), does the behavior change?