Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 year old Arlo cameras draining battery in a few hours

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lbbike24
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 arlo standard camera’s approx 2 year’s old and already 2 of them do not work. Both have the same issue the batteries only last a few hours then disconnect camera from system. Not going to buy anymore of these cameras at $155.00 apiece.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lbbike24,

Where are the cameras located (how far from the base station, are there walls, obstructions between the cameras and base)? What does the signal strength indicator show for these cameras?

JamesC

lbbike24
Tutor
Tutor

Cameras have been in place and working fine for over 18 months 3 still work good. The two bad ones are 20 ft and approx 25 ft away with excellent signal.

Docta
Initiate
Initiate

I have been experiencing exactly this problem too. I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to solve it. Only happens with one camera, which seems fine when I replace the batteries but very quickly stops working and then the orange lights starting flickering. It's a matter of hours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you considered that it's a bad camera? Swapping at the store or opening a case with support for a possible RMA would be my course of action.

lbbike24
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly same issue. I’m sure it’s a known problem but with these cameras but you think the would recall these and replace them for you. Nope I had to buy a new camera. Time to go with another brand when these die.