Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 of 4 cameras offline, batteries fine

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 of 4 cameras offline, their batteries fine. Base station is online (I can view through the cameras that are online). The others are not coming back online. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

After another base station reboot, the issue resolved itself. Normally, I am not near the base station to be able to do this (3 hour drive). I'm hoping the Arlo software improves.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you'll have to check the cameras,...  open and close the battery door near the base ( few seconds ) and see if they back online ( you should see rapid led blue blinking showing resync )  If not, replace the batteries and retest.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
GDL63
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem but only with one. just bought the set-up 3 days a go and everything was fine and this morning it (1) just quit the motion. i have re sync it 3 times. the batteries show perfect and needless to say, for something that is only 3 days old, i will be returning the whole thing if i find out the camara lost its soul. you dont pay 500 for something that goes down that quickly.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easy thing to try ... see if the problem is the camera or location ( possible interference, lack signal, etc ) just swap one of your "working" cameras with one giving you trouble and see if the problem follows camera.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Per my note, the batteries are fine.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Location is fine too. These cameras were working fine. I have not moved them.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

After another base station reboot, the issue resolved itself. Normally, I am not near the base station to be able to do this (3 hour drive). I'm hoping the Arlo software improves.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well not knowing the cause for the cams going offline it's hard to offer more...

tho interference can be temporary and effect wifi ( like microwave oven , etc )

But on the thought of being far away fronm the unit, I have have cameras go out a couple of times... not due to cameras but power outages to the base.

Seems like if the base goes down, the base obv disconnects from the cameras. The cameras do come back with a base repower/reset most of the time but not all the times.

I solved this problem by adding the base to my  UPS system. If the base stays powered during outage, the cameras never disconnect. So during short term power failures, when power returns all is working ( router switch always comes back up so not a problem there ) Haven't lost connections since

Something to think about.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I do have my system on UPS battery backup but the original power outage exceeded the UPS battery's length. Power came back. I rebooted the system and these two were shown as offline while the other two were working fine, and stayed that way overnight until I rebooted the base again.I had not encountered this specific behavior before where two are fine, two are shown as not online. I've had many instances where there were temporary issues, nothing like this.