Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of my cameras won't sync after firmware upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

All of my cameras went through a firmware upgrade yesterday. I had a little trouble getting some of them back on line but eventually got them all synced and working. One of the cameras went off line a short while after syncing, and I have not been able to get it back up. 

I opened the batter compartment, waited 10 seconds, closed the batter compartment. Blue light on camera comes on for 2 seconds then goes out. With my camera next to the base station, I press the sync button on base station for two seconds and release. When I press the sync button on the camera, nothing happens. No lights at all. I tried numerous times and still does the same thing. I removed the camera from my base station and tried again. Still nothing. does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

BTW, this camera has been working fine for the past year until the firmware upgrade yesterday.

6 REPLIES 6
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Ask netgear for the manual reset prcedure......

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

texbeau wrote: I press the sync button on base station for two seconds and release. When I press the sync button on the camera, nothing happens. No lights at all. I tried numerous times and still does the same thing.

Don't hold the sync button for 2 secs.... that's an old procedure.

It's a quick PUSH on the base sync button and a few sec later push the camera sync button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rgrundy
Aspirant
Aspirant
What if your camera blinks blue slowly then after about 15 seconds goes fast amber. With fresh batteries.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and then sync it again.  Any luck?

haypolly
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I hit sync on the base station the USB light blinks and can't sync camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're holding it down too long.  Press only for <1 second.