Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1/6 cameras went dark

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

1/6 cameras went dark. Battery swap, reset, reconnect had no effect. Here are images in the exact same spot, on the same night, at the same time. Support section of website offers no support. No place to open a ticket. Wow! It actually gets worse as I type. I tried to attach multiple screenshots showing how horrible the UI is but only one allowed. I say again...Arlo, stop making products immediately and fix the ones that are in the customers hands. It's suicide to ignore your customers. Bad word of mouth will bury Arlo. PS. I have to put a label but I can't out don't buy or these don't work as advertised.

16 REPLIES 16
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess I'll have to post once for each photo of this problem but it's important enough to take my time to prevent people from making the same mistake I did buying Arlo.

Screenshot_20170924-001408.png
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

I expected nothing more from arlo. Why support multiple image hosting? Unreal! Maybe the same image as last time. Don't know since I can't see it. What a joke!

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the result of clicking on the help button. Its super helpful to get a message saying an unexpected error occurred everytime i click on the help link.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Almost didn't bother responding to multiple posts with no useful information.

Open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.  It's been there all along.

New users are limited as to allowing attachments - many sites do this to prevent spammers.

Give us exact, explicit details as to what you see, what you've tried. It's possible your issue is around old firmware - check yours and compare to what's listed in the Release Notes section here.

It might well be worth resetting the system and start fresh.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify firmware versions as above.

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know what firmware is or how to check it. I'm not a new user. I spent 1200 for a 7 camera system that doesn't geofence and now has a black image on one outdoor camera. I'm not a computer person so I'm not familiar with the terminology and I thought pictures would be more helpful than me describing the problem incorrectly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully you meant that you ARE a new user.

You can check your various firmware versions in Settings, My Devices, your camera/base, Device Info. It's listed in there.  Write them down and then look in the Release Notes section here. Do they match?

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

And support link does nothing but take me back to the community. I don't see where to start a ticket. I put a screenshot of what I see when I go to "support". I think that was more descriptive than your answer of, "Its right there." I see the support link as I showed in my original post, but there is no ticket area? I've attached the same screenshot in case you missed it due to the photo limit causing me to post multiple times or spam which this feature was supposed to prevent. Ironic. Now ive proven my title was correct and Ive been specific can someone please show me where to start a ticket on the support page I've attached?

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not new. Why would I have meant I'm new.

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

The link didnt show up? Check release notes here? Where is here?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

When i click on your support link it opens a window that looks like what I need but when I click start a ticket it goes to the support page I've been seeing with no option to start a ticket. Same screen as I've posted a couple times

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still no ticket but I found a phone number on the support page you linked me to. It says there will be a charge.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the message about a charge, it's not for product problems. Not sure why you're having an issue with the email part. Haven't used it in a while but never had a problem with it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MyIQArLo,

I'm not seeing any issue with the support site for opening a ticket. Both email and call support options appear in the link provided.

What do you mean when you say the camera "went dark", are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'll post the pics of 2 shots from the same place at the same time. No error message just indecipherable, grainy, almost completely black images. It said i cant post a oic because im low on memory but phone says i have ~100gb available?
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
Heres the good image.