Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

solar charging for doorbells

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
James85944
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am interested in your Wireless doorbell cameras and want to know if you have a solar charger for that? Is the video recorded to the cloud and what might that cost?  Would be so much easier to speak to someone  how would I if I buy this stuff and have an issue?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wired video doorbell charges from the existing wiring. A solar panel would be redundant as well as hard to implement. Video is recorded to the cloud and costs $2.99US after the free 3 month trial ends. 

The forums are the quickest ways to get help but with that subscription you have the ability to speak with Arlo support.

James85944
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im asking about Wireless doorbells and solar chargers, then after the 3 month free it $2.99 a month? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@James85944 wrote:

Im asking about Wireless doorbells and solar chargers

As @jguerdat says, there is no solar charger for the doorbell.  Note the wireless doorbell will trickle-charge from the low-voltage AC in existing wiring, so if you have an existing chime then you wouldn't need one. There are also some plug-in adapters available that will work.

@James85944 wrote:

after the 3 month free it $2.99 a month? 

Yes, you will need a subscription to get cloud storage (needed for all video recordings), and also activity zones.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation