Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rickbaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are a few posts about this but they don't seem to end up being conclusive (or I'm not understanding them).  And can't get any support from Arlo because I don't have a subscription (can't get a subscription without a doorbell working, can't get a doorbell working without support, etc.)

Anybody actually hooked an Arlo wired doorbell to the Nicor Prime Chime Plus 2, and if so able to make it work normally?  Also, tell me which wires go where?

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @rickbaro

If you need assistance setting up the doorbell, you can find the How-to install article here: How do I install my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired?

rickbaro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I saw that but it does not tell me how to overcomehaving a 12v Nicor chime. I ordered a PrimeChime Plus 2, and am going to have to wing it when it gets here.

It sounds like others have worked with the PCP2 but it was never quite clear.

I was also frustrated that I can’t get any support from Arlo directly on this matter. I’ll work on that later. Thank you!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickbaro wrote:
Thank you. I saw that but it does not tell me how to overcomehaving a 12v Nicor chime. I ordered a PrimeChime Plus 2, and am going to have to wing it when it gets here.

The AVD1001 requires a 16-24v transformer.

The AVD2001 only needs 8v, so it might be a better option for you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation