doorbell rotated mounting

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
legocar
Follower
Follower

it seems as though there have been NUMERIPUS REQUESTS to enable a 90 degree rotation option in the arlo software for years. there doesn't seem to be any effort to appease the customers. I would rather continue using the arlo cameras already set up in my home, but I may have to switch to another brand if no effort at all is put forth from the company . 

considering there is ALREADY a similar option for rotation with ALL OF THEOR OTHER CAMERAS I'm certain that a patch in the next firmware update could be done. that it would prove that arlo ACTUALLY listens to the people its trying to get a monthly service charge from. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@legocar wrote:

considering there is ALREADY a similar option for rotation with ALL OF THEOR OTHER CAMERAS I'm certain that a patch in the next firmware update could be done. 

The other cameras do 180 degree rotation - which is easier to do than 90 degree. The normal readout of the image from memory is sequential forwards, when rotated 180 degrees it is still sequential, but backwards.  With 90 degree rotation, the readout isn't sequential. Which is much slower for most memory architectures.

That said, it would be useful to have 90 degree rotation in the cameras (including the doorbell).  But likely not a simple firmware change.

Shillelegh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Way to go Arlo…..how on earth could you not allow image rotation on this doorbell.

I could be viewing the rest of my porch, you know where maybe a package would be…but no,  I have a complete view of my soffit and the sky.

Even my Pro 2 cameras allow this and recorded video access without a subscription.

I guess I should rip off and  wrap my brickmold, to move my doorbell wire down 3 whole inches.

Glad I didn’t pay retail for the doorbell because between the 20+ second lags on it and my other cameras, lack of HomeKit, ifttt and other common user friendly features, horrible night images, ludicrous threats of EOL , and Arlo trying to browbeat everyone into paying for your ever cost increasing subscription, you did me a favor with the mediocre doorbell.

Time to finally get in the attic and go with an actual system …hardwired dvr also uploading to my cloud without paying your ridiculous fees, and real quality cams with usable video day and night without worrying that a working product I paid for being turned into unnecessary landfill due to corporate greed.

Arlo may offer an easy solution for people to have security cams, but your money will be far better spent investing in something that actually works and will last until YOU decide to upgrade rather than be forced to.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation