Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won’t connect in app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Veryunhappy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It has been two days with hours of fiddling. I get all the way to finding the doorbell on my wifi and it never finds it. I have tried ALL of the tips and tricks - moved my router closer, made sure I was using a device off VPN, left it alone and tried it again hours later, tried connecting directly to the 2.4g WiFi. I’m totally over this and ready to return the product. Any last minute suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

At what point during onboarding do you experience the issue? Are any specific error messages given? Have you tried factory resetting the doorbell?

How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Veryunhappy
Aspirant
Aspirant
The doorbell will flash and I hear the chime when it scans the QR code. It’s when it is searching for the doorbell that it stalls out and is unable to find it every time.

Yes, I have reset it multiple times using the factory reset button found on the back of the doorbell.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Veryunhappy,

What model router are you using? Is there anything non-standard about your network?

JamesC

Veryunhappy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arris router that comes from my ISP. I have the EERO extender and I did move it right next to the front door per the website suggestions.
Veryunhappy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned the Arlo and got a different brand of video doorbell.
buzzdoyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and the same frustration - I have a Ubiquiti Amplifi router with dedicated 2.4 which I can see both my phone and doorbell connected to however the app will not discover the doorbell. Hours and hours and multiple resets, please help

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation