Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SilverMaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting a bit tired of my Wired Video Doorbell losing connection to my WiFi whenever there is a blip power outage.  Same thing happening with one of my Essential outdoor cameras. I see that quite a few other users have had similar problems for years.

I am a senior and cannot get up on ladders every time this happens, to remove and replace batteries, etc.

I also don't feel like fiddling with the doorbell to reconnect that! I have to keep calling a handyman to do this.

Wouldn't it be nice if this problem had already been solved!

Wish I would have known this before buying these units.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to connect your router (and base if you have one) to a UPS.  Then the wifi (and likely your internet service) will remain up during short outages.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to connect your router (and base if you have one) to a UPS.  Then the wifi (and likely your internet service) will remain up during short outages.

SilverMaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought of that, too, for my cameras which are getting signal from a plugged in repeater (router too far away). I’ll have to plug the repeater  into a UPS. However, the wired doorbell is not running on batteries, it needs electricity to function, and is connected to the old doorbell wires. It is getting WiFi from the router, which router is already plugged into a UPS. Anyway, the doorbell eventually started up itself again. However, one of my cameras hasn’t functioned since. Going to start a new help topic for that.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation