Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Essential Doorbell keeps ringing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
conwayte
Follower
Follower

I, like many folks I have noticed in the community, experienced a non-stop ringing of my doorbell as soon as I finished installing it.  I was certain the transformer was within spec and additionally I metered it.  I also double checked my wiring of the power kit.  I have an electronic chime (with both battery and wiring) so it had connections for ac, vac, c1, c2 and c3. 

So this is what I found to resolve my issue in case it may help you. First, the person that originally installed the chime wired it wrong,  The two low voltage outputs from the transformer should go to ac and vac respectively.  In my case it was missing a wire from the transformer to the ac connector on the chime.  Essentially the chime was working on battery power only and not wire.   So I added the connecting wire.

Secondly I was attempting to install the arlo in place of my FRONT door bell. So when I wired the power Kit I wired it to c1 which is suppose to be the front bell wire. Well turns out the builder wired the front bell wire to the c2 or back doorbell connector and vise versa.  So his meant I was installing the Power Kit on the back door bell wires instead of the front where I had installed the Arlo door bell.   I simply moved the Power Kit lead over to c2 from c1 and the ringing was fixed.  Hope  his may help someone.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@conwayte wrote:

Secondly I was attempting to install the arlo in place of my FRONT door bell. So when I wired the power Kit I wired it to c1 which is suppose to be the front bell wire. Well turns out the builder wired the front bell wire to the c2 or back doorbell connector and vise versa.  So this meant I was installing the Power Kit on the back door bell wires instead of the front where I had installed the Arlo door bell.   

Thx for sharing.  I just want to add that you can easily check if the doorbell is wired to c1 ahead of time, by simply temporarily disconnecting c2 (before you install anything), and then confirming that the original doorbell still rings.  (and of course you can similarly check if it is wired to c2).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation