Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell SmartThings Integration Fault - Motion Stuck Active

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EvoJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I’m using the Arlo integration with SmartThings and my doorbell device (2nd generation on latest firmware) repeatedly gets stuck on active motion. If I physically create a motion trigger with movement in front of the doorbell it seems to return to inactive, but this solution is obviously unworkable for automation of lights via reliable motion triggers from this device.

If I hit refresh in the “My Smartthings” device commands page, I get the following error;
“Error running command “refresh”. 424 Schema validation for partner response failed”.

Is this something others are experiencing? Any ideas how I can get it to accurately report motion correctly again? The refresh function on the cameras seems to work fine when they get stuck, but frustratingly the doorbell refresh seems to have a bug. Obviously it would be better if the integration worked properly and didn't create "stuck active" motion scenarios on any camera's or doorbells, but at least with the camera's the fault can be resolved with an automated refresh of the stuck device.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which model doorbell do you have? The 2nd generation doorbells are not integrated with SmartThings.

Are you referring to an AVD1001 or AVD2001 device? If you remove the device, factory reset and re-onboard and then re-integrate with SmartThings do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

EvoJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe it's the AVD1001. I've not tried removing/resetting yet, but are there any other options if that doesn't work?

EvoJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've now factory reset/re-onboarded with SmartThings, and it immediately got stuck on Active motion again, released from it's stuck state to Inactive once I initiated a new physical motion event, and the refresh button in the SmartThings device commands still reported "Error running command "refresh". 424 Schema validation for partner response failed". Presumably, this must be a SmartThings integration issue for this device? 

EvoJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone respond please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EvoJim,

I've not seen widespread reports of this behavior form Arlo users. I encourage you to reach out to SmartThings support to investigate the error message you've posted above to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation