Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell Died after freezing temperatures

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bfrandsen
Tutor
Tutor
Have had my wired Doorbell up and running for about a year. After a bout of below freezing the doorbell died. It has power but LED lights are off. I removed the device and was only able to get it up and working after temperatures got warmer. 2 weeks later temperature dropped (high 20°) and the doorbell died again. Waited for temperature to warm up (45°) and now it won't even light up with a factory reset.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bfrandsen,

When you say it won't light up with a factory reset, are you not seeing any LEDs at all on the device? Is there any indication that the device is receiving power?

JamesC

bfrandsen
Tutor
Tutor
No LED light, there is power.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bfrandsen,

This could indicate a hardware issue. If the doorbell is still within warranty, I encourage you to reach out to Arlo support to investigate the issue further: https://kb.arlo.com/000062610/Arlo-Support-Options

JamesC

bfrandsen
Tutor
Tutor

The doorbell is past it's warranty of course!

I guess I'll investigate a replacement....but if I have problems when the temperatures drop I'm going to be complaining to someone at Arlo!!

jakeoh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Quebec and we get colder temperatures (-10 F/-25 C) and my wired video doorbell has sustained it so far. Is it possible that you had power outages during this time? My video doorbell "died" and I thought it was because of the freezing temperatures but it turned out it was because of a power outage. When the electricity came back, the doorbell stayed dead for two weeks before I realized it. It came back to life once I disconnected the wires and reconnected it. Toggling the breaker would probably have the same effect.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation