Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What models of Chime are 16-24v?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kevomatic
Aspirant
Aspirant
My son just purchased a wired video doorbell and we have had several electricians trying unsuccessfully to locate a chime which has a transformer and is between 16 and 24v. The only chimes they can find for sale here in New Zealand are 8v. Can you please give me some models names which are the correct voltage so we can try and locate one here in New Zealand. We can get a 16v transformer to upgrade the 8v one in a nee chime, but that just seems like a bad idea. I’m guessing it must be easier to find them in the correct voltage in the US, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Most mechanical chimes in the US operate at 16 volts (but generally still work ok with 24v transformers).

Unfortunately, Arlo doesn't maintain a compatibility list (hint to Arlo 😉 ).  However, Ring does, and anything that works with Ring should work with Arlo.  Ring's list is here: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/209028546-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-Chime-Kit-Compatibility...

kevomatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.  Unfortunately that link you sent seems to not work properly, when I click on the link for Compatible models, it just reloads the page.  I have tried another browser too, so I guess the page is not working right.  I will try again a bit later and hopefully it's working again.  I don't know why Arlo don't have the same, my issues seems to be the same in Europe and New Zealand, so presumably Australia too as they use the same power system as NZ.

So frustrating.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kevomatic wrote:

Thanks Stephen.  Unfortunately that link you sent seems to not work properly, when I click on the link for Compatible models, it just reloads the page.  I have tried another browser too, so I guess the page is not working right.

Weird, it is doing that for me now also.

Another option is to get the Arlo Chime 2, and use that instead of a traditional chime. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/AC2001-100NAS.html

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation