Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What digital chime will power the video door bell?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1937Coupe
Follower
Follower

What digital chime will power the video door bell? I can not find one that has enough volt/amps to power the video doorbell. Best I can tell from reading all of the posts and searching the Internet it takes at least 10va between 16 and 24 volts. I can’t find any wires chimes with that much power. I have found several older style mechanical chimes that do, but prefer the digital for clean looks and tone. The Arlo app, install manual discuss digital chimes but I haven’t found one yet. I did find a digital chime that is supposed to work with RING doorbells but it only puts out about 2.25(18volts, @ 125ma). I went ahead and got it but when the Arlo vidéo doorbell is hooked up the transformer in the digital chime shuts down. That chime is made by NICOR model PRCP1

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The chime doesn't run the doorbell - the transformer that supplies power to both the doorbell and chime is the key player. What you're apparently finding are the specs for what the chime requires. If you match that with what the doorbell needs you should be good.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation