Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
Problem viewing the camera image from the Video Doorbell with an Echo Show 1. When asked to show the Doorbell, my Echo Show 1 time out with Alexa stating "the camera is not responding." They do announce motion activity at the doorbell when someone approaches.
Viewing live images on echo show 1 with my other Ultra cameras are fine.
I have tried to lower resolution on doorbell, reinstall, restart arlo hub disabled and re enable Alexa skills and no luck. Still not able to view live footage of doorbell camera on echo show 1.
6 REPLIES 6
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tested Live view of doorbell on echo 5 same not working. Only motion announcement working for arlo video door bell. While the rest of Ultra cameras has no issues with live view on echo 1 and echo 5.
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just installed a Video Doorbell today and I am seeing same behavior.  Along with the doorbell I upgraded my hub to the VMB5000.  I can view all my Arlo Pro cameras(3) on my Echo Show 1st generation and my Echo Show 5.  I can not view video from the doorbell on either Show.

Alexa says OK and puts up a screen saying waiting for Arlo but it eventually times out.

{edit]Just saw other thread, and lowering Video Quality did work.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloUltra83,

Try lowering the resolution on your doorbell. For more information, take a look here: Why can’t I view videos from my Arlo Video Doorbell on my smart home device?

JamesC

ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi James,
Done that lower resolution to 1080 then 720 no luck.
Call Arlo Support no help.
At the end Arlo Support says it’s a known issue with live stream of video doorbell to Echo.
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloUltra83  did you try live streaming from the camera with the app or web portal before trying it through the Echo show? 

I had to do that once after changing resolution before it would stream though the echo.

ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I live stream on both my mobile app iOS 13.4.1 and on window 10 PC b4 live stream on my echo 1 and 5 no luck “sorry video doorbell not responding “
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation