Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell installed on a pedal screen door

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JAllen89
Follower
Follower
Hello I am in the market for a video doorbell for my apartment! I wanted to know if anyone has installed the Arlo video doorbell onto a Metal screen door or just a door in general with a AC power adapter? I’ve looked everywhere for information about this! As you can see in the picture I don’t have a place to install anywhere but on the Metal door.... Thank you for the help!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No picture was attached but while it's not an optimal location for the doorbell, it's possible. You would need to provide a sufficient loop in the power cord so that at no point during th door operation would it be pulled tight. I'd suggest the wireless doorbell instead since it uses a battery.

A potential issue would be the metal door blocking the needed signal to your router or hub (depending on which you would use). Metal would tend to block much of the signal so you may need to test for signal strength and operation. Depending on the results, you may need to move your router or hub closer to the doorbell to get a good signal.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation