Video doorbell green and pixelated making it unusable

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video doorbell is pixelated and often green. Video shows nothing making the thing useless. I have removed it and set up the doorbell again. It has good wifi signal. My mesh wifi point is right by the doorbell. It is connected to my hub for local storage. Firmware is current.

Screenshot_20230312-171444.png

Screenshot_20230312-172157.png

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Green and pixelated usually means there is loss on the connection.  The other possibility is that the doorbell is defective.

The doorbell is connecting to the hub's closed wifi system, not to the mesh.  How far away is the hub?

Have you tried turning off the nearby mesh element as a test (seeing if the video is more stable)?

Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I just got the mesh about a month ago and it was happening before the mesh was even installed. It doesn't happen all the time but everytime I need to look at a video that recording just happens to be the one that is green and pixelated. The thing is only a year and half old so I'm assuming just old enough to be out of warranty.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to switch the doorbell over to connect to your home wifi, and see if the quality improves.

You would need a subscription in that case, since direct access to local storage can only be done with a smarthub.

Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I specifically went with Arlo to avoid the subscription fee every month.

I'm really losing my patience with Arlo. I've had issues with 2 out of 5 cameras and of course if you want to actually talk to customer service that's another fee...

Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted and reset all the cameras and the hub and set up everything again and it seems to be working correctly now.

Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nevermind it's not working again...

Ncoliver1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there anyway to talk to someone from Arlo? I'm not paying for a subscription to be able to talk to someone about their defective product. I'm done with Arlo. The product sucks and the support is even worse. Anyone interested in Arlo needs to stay far away. They are a nightmare and a waste of money.

dillbrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem with arlo pro 3 floodlight.everything has been great for over a year,now for couple months i cannot see anything video is terrible.have done all the troubleshooting.you have a problem with multiple if your products.what are you doing to fix this

Screenshot_20230522_161821_Arlo Secure.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dillbrit wrote:

i am having the same problem with arlo pro 3 floodlight. 

Your screenshot is overexposed in the back of the image, but not green or pixelated - so it appears to be a different problem.

It also looks like it might be blurry (not certain, it might be due to the limited resolution of the post).  Have you tried cleaning the lens?  Also, you might try rebooting the camera (take out the battery for a few seconds, and then reinsert it).

dillbrit1
Aspirant
Aspirant

the live feed is always blurry/pixelated.as in you can see the squares of the video feed and they move side to side like glitching.i have cleaned the lens several times.as well as reconnect it several times including taking the battery out.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation