Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell dead

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chetanm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brand new video doorbell. First it worked properly but my digital chime wasnt working. Then I removed the small white power box that came with the doorbell per some arlo community recommendations. After that, both chime and doorbell worked fine for a few minutes. After that, my doorbell died. Reset didnt help, i pressed and held the reset button for 15 secinds but no LED lights up. Very disappointed with the product! Any support from Arlo?
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chetanm,

The Power Kit (small white power box as you describe) is required for the doorbell to operate. If you reinstall the power kit and try again, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Chetanm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I tried that, it didnt help. Is the power kit some kind of fuse protection? What can I do as next steps?

Why wouldnt my digital chime work with the power kit installed originally?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Video Doorbell requires a voltage between 16-24V AC. If your doorbell transformer does not have a voltage between 16-24V AC. This could be the reason you're experiencing issues.

For more information on how to check this, take a look here: How do I measure the voltage of my doorbell transformer?

JamesC

Chetanm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checked, my digital bell does say 16V. Anything else to try?
QuestionGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

If everything is wired correctly, including the white dongle that goes in the chime box, it's probably the transformer. I spent days trying to figure out what was the issue. 

Try replacing the transformer with a new one. Solved all of my problems.

Chetanm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: I turned the circuit breaker for the bell outlet OFF and ON and now my arlo bell and digital chime are both working. So weird! Thanks for your inputs all! Ill post here if it stops working again.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation