Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell color night vision

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MoFell
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I first installed my video doorbell I had color night vision with the porch light on. Then it was gone after a few days. Now I'm getting color night vision with and w/o a porch light. I LOVE IT. Was there a recent software upgrade? See attached pic, street light is about 35 feet away and I can see the gey siding and white trim on the house, plus the beautiful sky.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MoFell,

If there is enough ambient light, the camera will not need to engage the night vision filter and the image will display as normal. If there isn't enough ambient light, night vision will be enabled.

In your attached image, the camera has determined that the amount of light present is sufficient, and night vision isn't enabled. This also is likely to occur when your porch light is on (providing it' is near the camera and illuminates the surrounding area).

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MoFell,

If there is enough ambient light, the camera will not need to engage the night vision filter and the image will display as normal. If there isn't enough ambient light, night vision will be enabled.

In your attached image, the camera has determined that the amount of light present is sufficient, and night vision isn't enabled. This also is likely to occur when your porch light is on (providing it' is near the camera and illuminates the surrounding area).

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation