Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell - Only showing black and white

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lorenl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only showing black and white for the last 4 days, only wanted people alerts but not able to stop this having lowered to 40%. Lots of unnecessary alerts. Any suggestions or is it just defective? Only got till the
End of July for trial period. Was Loving this product but didn’t

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was another post recently about B&W videos but I don't recall if there was a solution. That post showed lots of light so the image should be color but we have to ask if yours is heavily shaded.

Removing and reinstalling the doorbell may help but you may need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware issue.

Lorenl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have got color again, shutting off power and restarting made no difference. So I went to settings and restarted and after a few minutes my black and white problem is gone. Still have lots of unnecessary notifications which I think is caused by microphone but not able to turn down sensitivity. Thanks for suggestions in fixing my problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video doorbell doesn't res[pond to audio input for recordings, only motion. Check your modes and rules to change the motion sensitivity - I use 35 which reduces false triggers a lot but not completely.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation