Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TSKEE
Tutor
Tutor

Installed video doorbell, which was very easy to do. Once activated I received an initial motion detection and video (caused by myself) and then a request to update firmware. I have tried multiple times to update firmware but keeps rejecting. Sometimes after a very long wait. Without the update I am unable to access video or use the features. The doorbell work though.

Also, why do I have to purchase Arlo Smart for this device since I already pay for it with my base system?

8 REPLIES 8
TSKEE
Tutor
Tutor

Now my video doorbell will not recognize the wifi! I tried reconnecting many times with no luck. Chime will not ring on phone when qr code is shown. I tried removing device thinking I could start over but now I can't add device! I disconnected and removed the doorbell and the lights continue to flash! How do I solve this?!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try turning power off to the doorbell and back on to see if that helps. If not, removing the doorbell from your account and connecting it again (you may need to use the reset button/procedure to do this) may be the solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the rest procedure by holding the reset button for at least 10 seconds until the LED starts flashing? I believe there's an FAQ here on this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TSKEE,

Did the update complete automatically overnight or are you still experiencing this issue? Please let us know.

Jamesc

blueapple21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today, I am experiencing the same issue. I've tried numerous times both mobile/PC to update my doorbell camera to no avail. My battery is good and nothing is wrong with my system. I am very upset I can't view my property!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blueapple21,

Try restarting your doorbell by navigating to Settigns > My Devices > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > Restart

JamesC

shemminger
Aspirant
Aspirant

On Android there is no reset there:

Settings->My Devices->Doorbell
Shows Edit pencil (change name)
Remove Device

and Back

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shemminger,

This would indicate your doorbell is offline. Is it receiving power? Does the button LED light up when it detects motion?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation