Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell permanently flashing white. Tried resetting.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
taiggs
Follower
Follower

Wired Video Doorbell has been flashing white for over a week, I've reset the doorbell itself multiple times and nothing happens while holding the reset button down for 15 seconds - 2 minutes -- it just continues to flash white. I've reset the base station multiple times, uninstalled/reinstalled Arlo app, removed all devices from the Arlo app (currently only have Base Station connected) and the doorbell continues to flash/blink white. Searching for the Arlo camera returns no results from the app, and waving the QR code in front of the camera also does nothing. Just always flashing white. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the FAQ here in the support section about the different LED meanings?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062326/What-do-the-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wired-me...

Could simply be a faulty doorbell that swapping at the store would fix. Make sure your transformer voltage is in spec, too.

RichieRoby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running into the exact same issues after doing a reset. It's just flashing white (fast/blink) after the hard wire reset. Will not acknowledge the QR code for reconnection. 

I needed to reconnect the wifi after swapping out routers. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichieRoby,

Take a look at the troubleshooting here: My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

RichieRoby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James.

After posting, I was able to "power cycle" the doorbell (letting it wait about 15 minutes before reconnecting it to power) and successfully went through the steps to restore the connection. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation