Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell not working on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I have the Arlo doorbell and use iPhone 12. Numerous problems including a grey screen when the doorbell rings, can’t interact 2 way and the recording on the library is corrupt. Does anyone else have this problem and if possible, could someone tell me how to fix it?
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Peter_Rollo,

If you're seeing corrupt library content in addition to the rest of the symptoms you've mentioned, it seems likely that you're experiencing a signal strength or interference issue. How far from your router is the video doorbell? What does the signal strength icon show?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
The router is right behind the door. The signal strength is good and it works fine when I go onto live video. The problem I have is when someone calls the doorbell. I’ve attached a photo of what recording I get.
83D3D575-35BB-4C4B-A616-2FB563310B8A.png
GaylaMarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I have audio when someone presses my doorbell but I have no video.  I can not see anything but a gray screen.  I do have my arlo system connected with HomeKit.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it?  

bgreig
Star
Star

I have the same setup and problem!  The support guy told me that you cannot view video when it rings.  You need to either answer it or fumble around and open the app and turn on live stream!  Completely unacceptable to me and I will be replacing my Arlo with another system.  I will be writing up a full honest review.  Based on all the reviews I've read, they all must be paid reviews!  8 months with nothing but trouble with my Ultra 2's and doorbells!

GeertB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem on android. When answering the doorbell video images are distorted.  Doorbell about 3 meters away from router.  After arguing with support, they sent a replacement doorbell. But same problem. Live video perfect.  Answering distorts the video.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation