Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Arlo patrons - I just noticed in BestBuy’s website you can pre-order the Arlo Video Doorbell that should be shipping out late November!

Also I noticed BestBuy has a $20 electronic GC included as a bonus - nice way of dropping the price a bit if you shop at BestBuy regularly!

I’ve got Arlo Ultras and Pro 2’s and I’ve always wondered why Arlo didn’t have a doorbell with the video option instead of the audio doorbell - well it’s finally here!

I’ll definitely be pre-ordering this today, but like others, I have questions.....

1) does it connect to any existing base station or SmartHub? (I have the VMB4000 and VMB5000).

2) I understand it has 3 month subscription of Arlo Smart Premier included - and after that you have to pay for the service (which I pay for anyways with my security cameras)..... can this thing also record locally to a USB drive or MicroSD in a SmartHub or Base Station?
— also can you view the footage from your storage device later - like has been promised with the Ultras?

3) like the cameras - is there a “live view” option to login and see the live footage - or does this only record on motion?

4) night vision? I assume it will have IR LEDs built in?

5) can you setup cross-triggering to record like the cameras? (Ex: Arlo Light over the driveway detects motion and triggers the doorbell to start recording).

I’m exciting by this product and looking forward to digging in later this month, although I am a little surprised by the lack of detailed information on it this close to shipping dates.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

Apologies for the delay in getting these questions answered.

1.) Arlo Video Doorbell can be added to your existing Arlo account but operates as a standalone product as it does not require a base station or SmartHub, similar to other Arlo wired camera products like Arlo Q and Arlo Baby. Arlo Video Doorbell can cross-trigger actions on other Arlo devices within Arlo’s ecosystem when motion detection occurs.

2.) At this time, Arlo VIdeo Doorbell does not support local storage. Recorded content is stored only on the cloud with an Arlo Smart Subscription.

3.) Yes, like a traditional Arlo camera, Arlo Video Doorbell supports live streaming as well as motion detected recording events.

4.) Yes, Arlo Video Doorbell has Night Vision capability using IR Leds.

5.) Yes, Arlo Video Doorbell can cross-trigger actions on other Arlo devices within Arlo’s ecosystem when motion detection occurs.

I hope this helps,

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have u read thru this info?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-video-doorbell/default.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary
This is what I think we are all asking. (different smart plans, camera's etc..but basically the same questions) I have the Arlo smart plan $9.99 a month. supports 10 cameras 30 day cloud storage. Obviously if the Video doorbell works with my current setup the 3 months free smart plan doesn't matter. Currently using 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras with a VMB4000 v3 base. If I buy the video doorbell will it be the 7th camera and work with all the features I already use with the $9.99 a month smart plan I already pay for. Will the doorbell fully integrate into my current system. What additional requirements will I need to have if I purchase the product and set it up. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bartley,

After the 3 month trial expires, you will need an Arlo Smart Plan for the doorbell to save recordings to the cloud. If you already have an Arlo Smart plan and have not reached it's camera limit, you will not need to make any changes.

JamesC

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC

Thank you for the information.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac have you read this? It answers 1/5 of my questions....

Useful for marketing - not much beyond that - no level of detail.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry Mjbeuke,  it's all we got till it's actually released...

Usu most of the time info comes from the sellers pre sales when they give info ( unless Arlo releases it first )

Or from the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdkMVMCWTo8

https://www.cnet.com/news/arlos-video-doorbell-is-like-an-arlo-security-camera-for-your-front-door/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arlo-smart-wi-fi-video-doorbell-wired-black/6379206.p?skuId=6379206

Morse is faster than texting!
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac thanks for attempting to assist! The CNET review stated that it does allow for live streaming - which was the question I was most curious about, but given that I haven’t seen that statement on any of Arlo’s marketing material I guess we’ll see.

Part of my point is - when you release a new product that is the time to capitalize on the brand Newley fostered interest in your products.... you’d think they’d be singing the doorbells praises and unveiling ALL details to get potential buyers on board early! what do I know - I just sell $500k+ homes for a living 🤷‍ ♂️

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

Apologies for the delay in getting these questions answered.

1.) Arlo Video Doorbell can be added to your existing Arlo account but operates as a standalone product as it does not require a base station or SmartHub, similar to other Arlo wired camera products like Arlo Q and Arlo Baby. Arlo Video Doorbell can cross-trigger actions on other Arlo devices within Arlo’s ecosystem when motion detection occurs.

2.) At this time, Arlo VIdeo Doorbell does not support local storage. Recorded content is stored only on the cloud with an Arlo Smart Subscription.

3.) Yes, like a traditional Arlo camera, Arlo Video Doorbell supports live streaming as well as motion detected recording events.

4.) Yes, Arlo Video Doorbell has Night Vision capability using IR Leds.

5.) Yes, Arlo Video Doorbell can cross-trigger actions on other Arlo devices within Arlo’s ecosystem when motion detection occurs.

I hope this helps,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation