Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell-Not Wireless

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BrianLitton
Tutor
Tutor
I spent money on a different video doorbell but would change to the Arlo one to work better with my cameras if not for one thing;

Why is a company that focuses on wireless technology only make a wired video doorbell?

I don’t have existing wires at my door. Other companies make a wireless video doorbell. Does Arlo plan to make a wireless video doorbell? I hope so.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BrianLitton,

We don't have any information on a wireless video doorbell at this time. I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

mikennedy
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased a wire  video doorbell but found out my wiring does not work since it hasn't been used for over 10 years.  So I have to return the wired video doorbell.  I agree with the comment for a company that makes wireless products why isn't the wireless doorbell a first thought?  Based on the comment that a wireless version is unknown that forces me to consider purchasing Ring instead for the doorbell.  I have to pay nearly $500 do wire an electrical circuit plus the cost for the doorbell camera or $170 for Ring even though I have to manage a separate app and pay $3.00 dollars a month for video storage.  Math makes the decision a lot simpler.  Disappointed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation