Video Doorbell Mechanical Chime Not Ringing & Humming from Mechanical Chime Box

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor

Per a previous post, I've had an Arlo Video Doorbell installed for a few months now. It generally seems to be working OK, but there were a couple of questions I had. I created an Arlo Support case with these questions after I set up my doorbell back in early August, but I never heard back (very disappointed with their support service). My questions are - 1) the doorbell is on the front of my house, which gets a lot of sun and heats up in the summer, and it appears that when the doorbell is pressed, it doesn't ring my mechanical chime when it's hot (the mechanical chime seems to ring all other times when the doorbell is pressed) and 2) especially at night, I notice a faint humming noise from my mechanical chime box where the power kit for the doorbell is installed (perhaps because it's drawing a little more power at night because of the night vision). Are both of these normal? I confirmed that I have the correct rated doorbell transformer, and everything else with the video doorbell seems to be working fine - just wasn't sure if these situations were normal operational behavior. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gallantmp,

As long as the doorbell is staying online, this should indicate no issues with the setup. When the doorbell doesn't ring during the day, what do you see when you look at the doorbell in the Arlo Mobile app?

JamesC

gallantmp
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The doorbell continues to stay online at all times. When the doorbell doesn't ring my mechanical chime during the day, there is nothing different in the Arlo Mobile app than at any other time - it looks the exact same way (no warning messages, etc.).

Is it normal to hear the slight humming from the door bell mechanical chime box, since power is now continuously running through it to power the video doorbell?

On another matter, per another forum post I recently posted, I had my Amazon Echo devices setup to ring and announce a notification that someone was at and pressed the Arlo video doorbell - that had been working fine for weeks and stopped working last week - I have seen others respond to my post that they have noticed the same issue related to Amazon device communication with the Arlo Video doorbell.

Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation