Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
FlintStryker
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for starting yet another thread about activity zones not working, but maybe the more of us complain, the more likely ARLO will actually do something. 

For reference of ARLO staff, my current case number is 41643104.

I bought my Arlo video doorbell this past winter. All was well till about a month ago. At that time the activity zones stopped working. I reset/restarted the doorbell multiple times. I removed and reestablished the activity zones multiple times. Etc. Etc. Etc. Internet connection and speed is fine, and all other features of the doorbell work just fine.

On March 8, 2020, I called and talked with at least two unhelpful people in the Philippines. Of course this was after waiting on hold for 30+ minutes each time. I was told my case would be escalated to technical support and was asked to email false alarm video clips and a screen shot of my activity zones to customerservice@alo.com. I've done that several times now.  Absolutely zero response from anyone on Arlo's end. Nothing. Silence. I was told, though, that the problem would be resolved and that I'd be contacted within 24 hours. That was weeks ago.

Rarely have I been so frustrated with such poor customer support.  

Arlo, please fix ASAP. No more delays or excuses!

Thanks,

Brad

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

FlintStryker
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call BS on your response. I'm still getting countless false alarms for motion outside my activity zones. As I type this reply I have received yet another two false alarm notifications. Yet, you still keep taking my subscription money and your tech support people simply will not reply to my emails and phone calls. 

It's time to fix the problem! Stop making excuses. Just get it done.

See attached images for activity zones and some recent false alarms - day and night!

FlintStryker
Tutor
Tutor
FlintStryker
Tutor
Tutor

Another image in a third post since you forum won't allow multiple image uploads. Geez.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

JonasSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a Video Doorbell (that is updated to the latest firmware, version 11th sep 2020) and i have the same problems with the Activity Zones. I get a lot of video recordings when motions outside the zone occurs. It seems that the activity zones doesn't work at all in the Video Doorbell. I have other Arlo Camers that the zones are working.

Vudutu
Aspirant
Aspirant
They won’t replace the doorbell?
kandk920
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not even seeing an activity zone setting on my door bell.  Am I missing something?  I have that setting for my two cameras.   2020-09-22 15.44.15.png

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation