Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very long delay/lag

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ElehantScience
Follower
Follower
I am a software developer. I’m not an idiot about this stuff and I have tried several fixes, and read many, many complaints and posts about Arlo video doorbell delay, but zero suggested fixes that actually work. How can a “security” device - newest model, fully updated in terms of firmware, connected to a very powerful fiber optic wifi - be considered ready for the market if there is a 10-12 second delay between what is happening, being said, etc., at my door and my ability to respond. I’ve been testing this for over a week and not one delivery person who has rung the doorbell has been patient enough to wait around until my answer comes through (not
including my wait to see/hear the initial communication).

How can this be fixed? It is useless for what I need it to do. I’ve gone to the extent of installing a powerful wifi extender literally 4 feet away from it. Nothing works.
1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

On your main wifi router, Is your 2.4Ghz channel set to auto or to a specific channel?

Have you run something like wifi analyzer (Android app) to check for 2.4ghz congestion at the location of the doorbell? 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation