Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540 - Direct Storage Access - "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working o

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DMKYUNG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4540 smart hub with Arlo Pro Camera and Arlo Door bell. I have enabled "Direct Storage Access" to view the local stored video on the attached USB HD.But I am getting this error. "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue." I have try the following diagnostic/troublshooting step. but I still see this error.

1) Using a different USB HD/USB stick. Re-format it (FAT32) on the PC and using the Arlo App
2) Adding "Securtiy system" to the account, now I see new APP's UI with "Feed" tab.
3) Remove the SmartHub and all camera/door bell. Factory Reset all of them. Add them back to my Arlo account.
4) Disable Mobile Data and connect to the same wifi network as the Arlo SmartHub. The Arlo App is on an Android phone. There is no VPN setting

Here is the HW/FW version.
SmartHub - VMB4540r3 - 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3

Pro Camera - H8 - 1.092.1.0_9_120d8b7

Arlo Wired Doorbell - 1.2 - 1.19.0.0_3_098d492_3567407

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DMKYUNG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still patiently awaiting for a reply

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You're probably trying to access local storage outwith your local network. Both your Arlo and your phone need to be on the same WiFi in order to access local storage.

DMKYUNG
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Smart hub and my Phone are on the same network. 

In fact, I just bought an seperate refurbished VMB4540.  I put that on the same network and re-assigned the doorbell/Arlo Pro camera to the new.   The Direct Storage Access just work with my phone. 

Some thing is wrong with the other VMB4540

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation