Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Turn off Video doorbell call on android?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Skieaw
Initiate
Initiate
Even with app updates I can't figure out how to turn off phone call alert and leave on chimes when doorbell is pressed... Anyone figured that out? Silent mode is an all or nothing toggle
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skieaw,

After toggling on silent mode, you should then receive the option to toggle off the chime and/or incoming video calls. These will become separate toggles after toggling on silent mode.

JamesC

Skieaw
Initiate
Initiate
I see the separate toggles appear, thank you. I can turn the call off and chime on there- however, two things happen that I can't resolve: the exterior doorbell automatically asks if they want to press again and leave a message. Can I turn that off? And my phone no longer gets a pressed doorbell notification. Can I keep that on? I guess I'm looking for the option to keep on pop up notifications, no phone call, and no auto audio to the person at the door. Is that an option?
djskyhawk
Star
Star

If you turn off call and leave on chime you will not get a missed alert, because there was no call.  You can go to your video library and set it to playback only people, that will show anyone coming to your door.  Arlo has not yet given us the opportunity to turn off the "leave a message" prompt, even though there is a place to do so in the app.  That button is just for show, I guess.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation