Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switching from Nest Cameras: Doorbell and Indoor Camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
henikbrec64
Follower
Follower

I have a Nest Hello and a Nest Cam Indoor IQ. For several reasons including some hardware QA issues and a general desire to migrate away from Google products and services I want to switch both devices to Arlo devices. I also have an iPhone and want to try to transition from GoogleHome to Apple. I had some general questions:

1. I know the wired doorbell does not support CVR on cloud storage but could I do CVR locally if I have a Smart Hub?

2. How is Arlo's integration with Apple HomeKit? Works well? Any issues?

3. I know I need a Smart Hub for HomeKit but is it a worthwhile expense?

4. How are the software features like motion detection, face detection, and etc like detecting a package.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

henikbrec64,

1. No. CVR is not available for Arlo Video Doorbells.

2. For more information on HomeKit integration, take a look here: What are the benefits of connecting my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

3. If you plan to integrate with HomeKit, a base station/SmartHub is required. A base station/SmartHub may also allow for more positioning flexibility if you sync the doorbell to the hub rather than your router.

4. For more information on Arlo Smart and it's features, take a look here: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation