Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Support Ticket Opened 1 month ago, still no answer...

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EcireLaU
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have opened a ticket on the 12th of Feb 2024 about my Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell and still haven't received an answer.

The issue relates to this: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Changing-language-for-quot-Leaving-Message-quot-no... as I'm unable to change the language of the voice message that the doorbell is generating when nobody answers. I've tried the suggested solutions (setting language in the mobile app), but that doesn't work. As suggested on the discussion, I have reached out to the Support Team last month to further investigate this issue but still waiting for my ticket to get picked up...

I cannot seem to find a way to add comments to the ticket or see its status, which is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try uninstalling the app from the device. After uninstalling then reinstalling it, please do the following steps:

Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.

• Tap or click Settings > My Devices.
  • Select an Arlo Audio Doorbell.
  • Under DOORBELL CALL, tap or click Language.
  • Select a language. Your settings are automatically saved.
EcireLaU
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no Language setting under the "DOORBELL CALL" section.

All I can find is a Language setting for "Quick Reply Messages", which is already set to English, but that's not resolving the issue.

doorbell_no_language.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on an iOS device or Android?

EcireLaU
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

In that same section you are at so under the device, then the wheel, can you send me a full screenshot of that area? Is there a language section at all there that you can click on?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also, what is the preferred language that you are wanting for the doorbell.?

EcireLaU
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a language setting for the doorbell's "Quick Reply Messages" but it has no effect whatsoever on the language of the voice message that the doorbell is generating when nobody answers (voicemail - "Leave Message" prompt). From what it appears, "Quick Reply Messages" language seems to be a completely different setting than setting the language of the voicemail which appears nowhere on the iOS app settings.

Screenshots attached, all set to English, but the doorbell generates "Leave Message" voicemail in French for some reason.

Arlo_Doorbell_Language_2.png

Arlo_Doorbell_Language_1.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This should be resolved now. Can you check to see if it is showing the same behavior?

EcireLaU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it works now! Thank you for resolving the issue. How did you do it? Is that something I could have resolved myself?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You could not have, we had to do it with our backend tools. Thank you for letting me know, I am glad you are all up and working. Have a great day!

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation