Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sudden buzzing and no power

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IBM0219
Follower
Follower
Wondering if anyone has had this issue (I've seen the post about the buzzing, think this situation is different) I have the wired doorbell, everything worked fine for months. Changed my WiFi provider and had to reset doorbell. While resetting I noticed one of my doorbell wires broke off a little. The doorbell was not hooked up to the house whatsoever but still lit up and rang like it was. Odd, but No biggie, figured the inside battery was charged so i just stripped it a little so the wire had room to catch and hooked it back up. Once power was back on the doorbell would not light up or respond but the house chime was buzzing like crazy. Of course I flipped off the power and tried again. Used the bypass switch on chime and it continued to buzz but no power to doorbell. Is it possible for the doorbell itself to short out? Or is it more of a wiring problem for an electrician?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IBM0219 wrote:
 Used the bypass switch on chime and it continued to buzz but no power to doorbell. Is it possible for the doorbell itself to short out? Or is it more of a wiring problem for an electrician?

If you disconnect the doorbell (and switch the power kit back into the normal mode), then touching the two leads at the bell together should make the chime ring.  Does it?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation