Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power went out - doorbell won’t work

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
I have a wired Arlo video doorbell on my front door. Last week the power went out and the app said my doorbell went offline. I tried everything - seeing if it would turn on, resetting it, and unwiring it/setting it up all over again. It won’t turn on and I never get a light to show up. Anything I can do here? Any ideas on what might be going on?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
Finally managed to get it figured out after working with customer support. I turned off the circuit breaker that powers my doorbell for 20 seconds, flipped it back on and then it turned on! I had to do a factory reset on the back of my doorbell to get it connected to my app/hub again but hopefully that’s helpful for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

There is a small internal battery that might need to recharge.  So you could wait a little while, and then try again.

TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
I appreciate the response. It has now been connected to the electricity for a full week after the power outage and still no lights. I’d guess it wouldn’t need more time than that to recharge?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TrantP13 wrote:
I appreciate the response. It has now been connected to the electricity for a full week after the power outage and still no lights. I’d guess it wouldn’t need more time than that to recharge?

No, it shouldn't.

Have you checked the circuit breaker that feeds the transformer?

billn86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Were you able to power it up?  I have the same problem albeit from a different reason.  I did a software update and now the camera/doorbell is dead.  I have pressed the reset button numerous times and still can't get any lights.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
I have not been unfortunately. I’ve let it recharge for a few days, tried resetting it multiple times, and even went back through the whole set up process again. I can’t seem to turn it on, I’m afraid it’s dead but hoping there’s an easier solution than finding a different doorbell to replace it.
TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I had to switch off the breaker to go back, unwire the doorbell, and set it back up. Testing my old doorbell and it seems to be working fine. Is there a way I can test the Arlo doorbell after detaching to see if it’s dead or not?
rondunn333
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue power went out and now doorbell is dead no matter what I do. It has power to unit

TrantP13
Tutor
Tutor
Finally managed to get it figured out after working with customer support. I turned off the circuit breaker that powers my doorbell for 20 seconds, flipped it back on and then it turned on! I had to do a factory reset on the back of my doorbell to get it connected to my app/hub again but hopefully that’s helpful for you.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation