Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Paid cloud record time

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TT63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im looking at getting the wired video doorbell but i have some questions regarding the paid cloud storage to use with it.

Does the doorbell record ALL motion until motion stops, regardless of how long motion lasts (30 mins, 1 Hour etc)?

Also is there any cooling off period between each recording?

I currently have both these features with my current setup and wondered if arlo is the same.
Any help appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the definition of "record until motion stops" means the camera, not your eye, has to be detecting the motion. Many folks have glossed over that. ANd, no, Arlo records up to 5 minutes in that case after which recording stops, there's a brief reset and then will start recording again if motion is detected.

ANd Arlo doesn't do what Wyze does - record and the "cool off" for 5 minutes. The brief reset time is ~5-10 seconds.

TT63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is that even with the paid subscription?

So if there is say an hour of motion, it records 5 minute clips with 10 second gaps in between each clip?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

NOthing changes between having a subscription or using local recording. So, yes, 5 minutes MAX (as long as motion can be detected by the camera) with the brief reset between the recordings. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation